Civil War Veteran
This biography was kindly sent in by Marcia Buffet.
Enlisted July 23, 1862, age 22, at Mayfield in
Company A of the115th Regiment
He was captured at Harper's Ferry on Sept. 15th and paroled
on Sept 16th 1862.
He was wounded in action July 1864 at Petersburg,
Virginia. He was discharged for disability in 1865.
Nathan is buried in King Cemetery, Sacandaga Park.
Members of Nathan Tyrell's Family
GERSHOM TYRELL was born 1818, and died 1907 in Cranberry Creek, Fulton Co., NY. He married SALLY HALL. Both are buried at the cemetery at Cranberry Creek.
Children of GERSHOM TYRELL and SALLY HALL are:
1. NATHAN TYRELL, b. 1840; d. 1916, Northville, NY; m. CAROLINE.
2. SARAH A. TYRELL, b. 1844.
3. ESTHER H. TYRELL, b. August 11, 1847; d. June 26, 1934, Northville, NY. She married DWELLA GROFF, son of NICHOLAS GROFF and CAROLINE KENT.
See more about Dwella Groff
4. NANCY TYRELL, b. 1849.
5. CHARLES S. TYRELL, b. 1855; m. HANNAH.
6. DANIEL E. TYRELL, b. 1859.
7. WILLIAM W. TYRELL, b. 1845; d. 1860, Cranberry Creek, Fulton Co., NY.
Copyright ©2000, Marcia Buffet
Copyright ©2000, Jeanette Shiel
All Rights Reserved.
Last updated Tuesday, 13-May-2008 13:37:18 PDT